It is a translucent system (veiling-veil) for the creation of decorative effects on smooth or patinated and / or polychrome ornamental elements in high / low relief. Sometimes it is used for the realization of vintage effects such as: mopping, false stucco, brushing, … or also to create more contemporary decorative effects.
The embellishment of walls and ceilings of commercial premises, private homes, offices, shopping centers in a simple and evocative way. With a good resistance to rubbing.
The GLAZE PATINA is for indoor use only.
PH: 7 (more / less 0.5)
DENSITY: 1.25 (more / less 0.05 g / cm3
PRESENTATION VISCOSITY: Translucent gel.
PACKAGING: 1- 4 L (standard), the colors Gold, Silver and Bronze in 1lt..
LIFE IN CONTAINER: Approximately 16 months in stable environmental conditions (+5 ºC (min) and +32 ºC (max)) without opening the can. Preserve of frost and high temperatures
COLOR: 20 colors obtained from TINTES-TONERS added to the neutral PATINA GLAZE (that is, as it is presented in the package), plus 3 direct colors Gold, Silver and Bronze. You can also use the 20 TONER of the VENETIAN TO CAL, VENETIAN TO ROLLER and 14 of MARMORINO ROMANO MEDIO.
Manufacture of special colors from 150 L.
For special colors, calculate the material yield well (kg / m2) so that you do not have to find two different batches on the wall, where there may be small differences in intensity and hue. If it occurs, it is better to look for a clear cut where to start with the other batch and / or mix the first (do not exhaust totally) with the second.
DILUENT: Water (if water is added, use the same dilution in all containers).
DRYING: 1 h of open time for the realization of the selected effect and 20 h for its total drying (20 ºC to 65% relative humidity).
PREVIOUS PREPARATIONS: The supports must be dry (the calculation for plasters and stuccos is 1 day of drying / mm of thickness at 20 ºC and 65% of relative humidity) and clean of any impurities such as molds,
algae, lichens, environmental pollution (grease, soot, etc.) and salts. Also, how to properly consolidate uncooked supports (sandstones, dusty, degraded).
APPLICATION TOOLS: Effects rollers, natural or synthetic sponges, brushes, gun, plastic spatula, rubber effect tampons …
PROTECTIONS OF THE PATIENT WIND: Although the material itself is resistant to certain very aggressive locations,
you can apply matt or satin TIXOTROPIC ACRYLIC VARNISH.
INTERVAL BETWEEN LAYERS: 20 h (20 ªC to 65% relative humidity).
CONDITIONS OF APPLICATION:
If the support is slightly sand-decayed; dead plasters, plastic or tempera paints, … previously apply the PENETRATING PRIMER.
On plasterboard and plasterboard, plaster, plaster, carefully clean the powder and apply one or two coats of FILLO GLAZE diluted with 5% water (if any degradation of these supports is observed, apply before the GLAZE BACKGROUND the PRIMER (consolidation ) ULTRAFINA.
On post-formados (shavings of wood-DM, agglomerates) apply before the GLAZE BACKGROUND to apply the ALL-TERRAIN IMPRIMATION or ANTI-STAINS TO WATER, thus avoiding the appearance of redissolution stains of certain compounds that present these materials.
On painted supports perform an adhesion and resistance test before applying the GLAZE BACKGROUND and then the PATINA GLAZE, since the moisture of this material can detach the paint from the support if it is badly adhered.
WORKING TEMPERATURE of both the environment and the support (exterior-interior): Minimum 7 ºC and maximum 32 ºC.
- In cases of stucco cleaning rooms have to have good ventilation for rapid drying of the wall and avoid the rapid proliferation of lichens and molds.
- A more load of this material when it dries, will present more tone, and vice versa.
- The bases of GLAZE / PATINA gold, silver, copper can be applied on the GLAZE BACKGROUND dyed with ESTEVID dyes / toners or universal dyes, creating a beautiful metallic effect of current decoration.
Although there are many application methods with very different finishes, the technique used to produce our color chart and another technique for didactic extension is described below.
Once the support is well prepared with the above indications we will go to the application:
“Brushing on bows” effect.
- Apply one coat of extended PATINA GLAZE with short hair roller on an approximate surface of 1 m2 and then perform the grated with brush or spalter (short and hard hair blade used in other applications for the imitation of wood) in bows, in this case.
“Light-dark” sponge effect
- Apply in bows and all directions small loads of GLAZE / PATINA, with a sponge. When we have made 6-8 “patches” (and the glaze being fresh) we will proceed to fill in the gaps, joining them, also in arcs and all directions.
- Optionally Coloris stencils can be placed (when step 1 is completely dry) and apply the GLAZE / PATINA buffering with a brush with the objective that the background is partially transparent.
Tips for use:
- Do not “draw” with the spalter or the tool chosen to perform the decorative effect, until the edge of the PATINA GLAZE applied with the roller, to carry out the continuation without noticing the “joints”.
- The GLAZE BACKGROUND can be dyed with the TONER / DYES used with the PATINA GLAZE, to achieve a different decoration than the application simply on a white background, that is, using the same color range for the BACKGROUND and PATINA GLAZE or the complementary ones.
- To create a polychromatic effect, a glaze can be applied with a certain color over another when it is already dry.
- Depending on the chosen effect: rag roll, dragged with sponge, brushing, various tampons, … we will have to leave more initial load with the roller before performing the chosen decorative effect. Example: for a textured rag roll the glaze load has to be three times higher than what is needed for a “brushed” finish.
- In case of large plans, the appropriate equipment (group of people) will have to be made to carry out the work without joints. Carry out exploded if necessary to avoid them.
- If you start a wall do not interrupt the section to avoid splices.
- If for any reason you have to interrupt the work on a wall, try to leave a line as irregular as possible, this observation is valid for most decorative techniques.
- According to the applicator, being an artisanal process, the final “drawing” can vary, from one workforce to another.
- Before the placement of self-adhesive stencils for the realization of decorative motifs or other types of masking, wait until the paint has hardened 48 hours.
For what was commented in the previous point the yield can be of 6 – 10 m2 / L.
PRECAUTIONS: none especially.